Our new current affairs podcast. You can listen to James Hoyle, Go English Director, as he describes a topical issue. It comes with a simple self-study guide and you can access the full text by clicking here.
This week: as the new European Commissioner takes up his position in Brussels, we ask:
Jean-Claude Juncker: Good News for Spain?
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- Do you feel European?
- Who are our European political Leaders? Write down the ones you know.
- Do you feel a connection with our European political leaders?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- Which is the biggest group in the European Parliament?
- How many seats did this group win in the last European elections?
- Is Jean-Claude Juncker in favour of or against a transfer of wealth from North to South?
After you listen: reflect on the article. Do you think we should directly elect the European Commission President, or are you happy with the political process as it is?