Giving a presentation can be really stressful. Having to do it in English is a real challenge. Follow our advice and you will learn how to plan and give presentations that your audience won’t forget. Shine and convince effortlessly!
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- Have you ever given a presentation in English?
- How did you feel? How did it go?
- If you are preparing a presentation in English, do you prepare differently?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- What are the 6 key tips given in this talk?
- Is it a good idea to repeat yourself?
- How much text should we use in our slides?
You can read the script of the podcast here.
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Do you feel different when you have to present in English? How? Why?
- Which of the points in the talk do you think are most helpful? Why?
- Next time you have to prepare a presentation in English will you do anything differently? If so, what?
If you are a teacher and would like to use this post as an activity you have a printable lesson plan here.
Do you need to master presentations? Here you have 2 courses availabe form Go English:
- 26th of May: Seminar organised by APD in Barcelona – Presentations in English: How to Shine!
- Go English course: Presentations: How to shine!