This week’s podcast focuses on the price drop of oil and reflects of how it offect us all. After years and years on the rise hearing petrol prices are falling is like music to our ears… or not? What could be the real implications for us?
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- How much does it cost to fill up your car with petrol?
- Have you noticed it has got cheaper recently?
- Any idea why?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- Why have petrol prices fallen?
- Who are the winners and who are the losers?
- Why are Germans nervous about inflation?
After you listen: reflect on the article.
Do you expect the fall in the oil price to have positive consequences? Are there any negatives you can think of?