Do you feel too busy? Is life always a hurry? Well, take a break for a moment and listen to this week’s podcast. We look at time affluence as a way to promote your sense of well-being. Research shows that by giving up some of your time for others can actually make you feel less busy. Can this really be true? Find out more….
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- Do you have too much to do this week? Do you feel time-poor or time-rich?
- If you could choose to have more money or more free time, which would you choose?
- Why do so many people feel they do not have enough free time?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- What percentage of Americans, according to the Pew Research Centre, prioritized being wealthy as very important to them?
- What is the problem with traditional time-saving techniques?
- What does Arriana Huffington say about the metrics of success?
- What type of experience, according to Melanie Rud, do we need to look for in our lives?
You can read the script here.
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Do you agree that volunteering your time can actually make you feel less busy?
- Can you think of 3 awesome experiences you think would be worth making time for?
- What voluntary act could you commit to in the next week?
If you are a teacher you can download a lesson plan for you to use in class.