Two Spanish executives representing quite different but typical profiles were interviewed! Find out what motivates them and what advice they might have for you…
Before you listen: consider the following questions:
- Would you consider working abroad – outside Spain? If so, where? If not, why not?
- Do you think it is good for professional development to work in different countries? If so, why?
- Our lives are increasingly global. What does globalisation mean to you?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- Why did Maria Elena & Fernando decide to work outside Spain?
- What differences do they notice in the countries they work in now?
- What do they say could be ‘holding people back’, or preventing people from working abroad?
- What are the perceptions in Chile & China of Spain & Europe?
- What, according to the speakers, are the biggest challenges facing the world economy?
Read the podcast script here.
After you listen: reflect on the interview.
- Do you know anyone who is working abroad? Where are they working? Do you know how they feel about the experience
- Would you like to work for a few years outside Spain? If so, where? If not, why not?
- What do you think are the biggest challenges facing the global economy? Do you feel optimistic or pessimistic about the future? Try to explain your feelings.
If you are a teacher you can download our lesson plan based on this podcast here.
Thanks for listening!