Meat! Some people love it, vegetarians never eat it. But did you know that global meat production was responsible for more harmful emissions than all forms of transportation? Find out how eating more rabbit and less beef can help the environment…
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- How often do you eat meat? Every day? Two or three times a week? Hardly ever?
- Have you ever stopped to think about the impact meat production has on our environment?
- Why should beef and lamb have a bigger environmental impact than pork or chicken?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- How many litres of water are required to produce one kilo of beef?
- Which are the 3 forms of meat with the heaviest impact on the environment?
- If we limit our consumption of meat to the weekends what would the % fall in consumption be?
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Do you think we eat too much meat as a society?
- Would you personally consider reducing your meat consumption, or not?
- Have you ever cooked rabbit? If not, try clicking on the link to get some ideas: cook a rabbit
If you are a teacher you can download a lesson plan for you to use in class.