Lose your inhibitions, find the child inside you and have fun with your English. Find out how informal learning can help you develop your English skills doing whatever you enjoy most. Find your passion! And follow it in English!
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- Do you remember school as a formal or an informal learning environment?
- What does informal learning mean to you?
- Do you think informal learning has a place in how you learn English?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- What, according to the podcast, is the problem with school?
- What percentage, according to Wikipaedia, of the learning process is informal?
- What online community does the speaker find with a You Tube Channel and Facebook page?
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Is informal learning a serious part of the learning process?
- Have you applied any informal learning techniques yourself? Try to think of specific examples
- What new informal learning techniques would you like to try?