You’re never to old to get fit! So says 97 year old sprinter Charles Eugster! Do you have a Fitness App? Could it be bad for you? And find out why learning a language is actually good for your health…
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- How old is too old to get fit? 60, 70, 80? Or never?
- Do you use a Fitness App? Do you find it helps you keep fit?
- How could learning a language be actually good for your health?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- What has Charles Eugster set a new world record for?
- What does Charles think is the most important factor for health in old age? Work, Nutrition or Exercise?
- Walking 10,000 steps is equivalent to burning how many calories?
- True or false? Learning a language when you are young will have a more important impact on your cognitive ability than if you learn when you are older.
Read the podcast script here in English and Spanish
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Is it realistic to eat 10 portions of fruit or vegetables a day? How many do you usually eat? How could you increase your daily intake?
- Do you agree that: ‘’Age is just a number’’?
- Do you Fitness Apps are an expensive fashion or a useful IT tool? Are they harmless fun, or could they actually be harmful?
If you are a teacher you can download our lesson plan based on this podcast here