This week’s podcasts talks about leaders, are they born or made? Listen to the reflection on this topic.
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- Can you think of a leader you admire? – this could be someone alive today or from the past.
- Why do you think this person was such a good leader?
- What qualities do you look for in a leader?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- What does Simon Sinek say is the foundation stone of leadership?
- What is the ‘keyword’ according to the speaker?
- How long did Nelson Mandela spend in prison?
You can read the text of the audio script here.
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Do you think people respond better when they feel ‘safe’? Or do they need to be pushed to perform to an optimum level?
- Do you think leaders are ‘born’, or can we learn to be good leaders?
If you are a teacher and would like to use this post as an activity you have a printable lesson plan here.