Generation Y – the Millenials – are you a part of it? If so, how do you feel about your opportunities? Find out more and let us know how you feel about your prospects for the future.
Before you listen consider the following questions:
- Do you know the difference between Generation X and Generation Y?
- Who has benefitted more from economic growth in the last 30 years – the young or the old?
- Should we promote more opportunities for the younger generation, or should they be responsible for themselves?
Now listen to the podcast and try to answer the following questions:
- What age group is Generation Y?
- How many countries are covered by the study carried out by The Guardian newspaper?
- What trend is identified by the study?
- What does Paul Johnson say is ‘unfair’?
- What has happened to social mobility in the last 30 years?
- What percentage of Generation Y still live with their parents?
After you listen: reflect on the article.
- Which generation do you belong to: X, Y or baby-boomer?
- Does the podcast present a negative or positive picture of life for Generation Y?
- Do you agree? Do you think the younger generation have less or more opportunities than older generations?