Fall is soon coming to an end! But there’s still time to celebrate fall. Let’s take advantage of the best of the season, apples and pumpkins, to make lovely recipes to share. Remember desserts are always a crowd pleaser! On top of that, these are perfect for the upcoming holidays :)
Apple cider shake:
- 1/2 cup mulled apple cider
- 1/4 cup milk or cream
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- dash of cinnamon
Making this shake is really easy and fast:
- Combine apple cider, cream, and ice cream.
- Blend it!
- Pour into a glass and then top with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon
Pumpkin cinnamon cookies:
Making cookies from scratch is not hard!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin- no liquid!
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F/ 180ºC. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Pumpkin spice hot chocolate:
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1/3 cup hot cocoa mix (no marshmallows)
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream, marshmallows, caramel sauce ( It’s optional)
- In a saucepan over medium heat put together both milk and hot cocoa mix.
- Once combined, add in canned pumpkin, vanilla, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Turn heat up to medium-high and cook until your hot chocolate is ready.
- Pour into glasses and top with marshmallows, whipped cream, caramel sauce, cinnamon or whatever comes to your mind!
If you aren’t sure how to mull apple cider or wine- watch this quick tutorial
- From scratch: from basic ingredients, not from a mix or from prepared ingredients.