Go English is busy developing new materials all the time! In this month’s Proust Questionnaire you can get to know a key member of our Development Team, Reetta Savolainen. She writes and develops materials for all of our new Go Learn and Go Connect courses.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being with my family in a quiet foresty place, in or near the mountains, by a lake, writing and reading, feeling at peace with myself and my surroundings.
- What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I go a bit overboard with worrying sometimes, and it’s not very helpful to anyone!
- What is your greatest extravagance? Long, scorching hot showers. It’s so bad for the environment though. I try and make up for it in other ways, like making sure I recycle properly, but I still feel rather guilty about it.
- On what occasion do you lie? When I’m stopped and asked for instructions on how to get to a place and I know but am bad at explaining it, so instead of trying to help and risking confusing them I sometimes just say that I don’t know.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be both more sensible and more adventurous.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Living in a constant ebb and flow of cultures and languages.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? I’d come back as a cat. I’d be very agile and I could explore places easily.
- What is your favorite occupation? Writer. Maybe even a film director.
- Who are your favorite writers? Oh, there are so many…I’ve recently enjoyed Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Paul Auster and Siri Hustvedt’s works.
- Who are your heroes in real life? My parents and grandparents. My paternal grandparents had to leave their home twice because of war and raised nine children under rather difficult conditions.
- What is your greatest regret? I have a few…One of them is not learning Urdu properly.
- What is your motto? –“Soy luz, paz y amor.” and “You can do it!”
What is your motto?
Overboard: (adverb) over the top, too far
Scorching: (adjective) burning hot
Ebb and flow: coming in and going out; the tide of the sea ebbs and flows
Check out Go Connect here https://www.go-english.co.uk/go-connect